Monday, December 14, 2009

Out of Order

I have been a little hard on my cell phone. The conditions here are not ideal for electronic devices. The salt air alone is quite treacherous. Then add to it wet dinghy rides, sand, and long drops from my pocket to the garage floor and you can imagine the toll it can take:

My poor phone has taken it's last abuse.
First, it would randomly power itself off. Then the screen wouldn't light up. Now, it refuses to power on at all.
So, if you've placed a call or a text in the last few days...I probably didn't get it.
But never fear! A new phone will soon be on it's way!
A nearly indestructible phone at that...
Hopefully it will be able to withstand life on the S/V Exposure.

It's the Samsung b2100 and it's considered a "tough" phone.
It also features an MP3 player, FM radio, and a built in flashlight.
We shall see just how tough it is.
Wish me luck.

4 comments:

capndeb said...

I was going to call, and tell you how bad I felt about your phone...
but...

Momma said...

It's the "nearly" indestructible part that made me laugh --- if it's really, really good, perhaps Jeff needs one also. Is this record time for his?

Just Misty said...

It's here and it works beautifully...so, I am up and running again!

aunt karen said...

i need that... i drop my phone on a regular basis...