Monday, March 26, 2012

Pig Races!

There are a lot of fun events that go on here in Marathon and whereas Seafood Festival may be my favorite [blog coming soon!], the Pig Races rank right up there as well.  To celebrate National Pig Day and their 25th anniversary of being in business, the Stuffed Pig Restaurant hosted the pig races for the first time the last weekend in February, 2009, and we were there.  We had no idea what we were in store for, but we had a blast and have attended every year since.
[See - Pig Races 2010]
What is there not to like?
There's food and drink, parimutuel betting, racing PIGS, and the whole town turns out to see it.




There are pigs so fast you can barely get their picture:










And then there are the pigs
that
take
their
time...








We even get local celebrities at the races!  I was quite tickled to get to hang out with US1 Radio personality, Leigha Fox.

I was also tickled to win $12 on a big named Tyrone the Terrible.  I am pretty sure that's him up there sporting the number 2.

So, if you ever need a vacation destination for the end of February, I highly recommend you come for the Pig Races!

I'll see you there!

No comments: