Monday, August 17, 2009

Meet Hurricane Maddie

There's not much going on here today...it's windy as can be, hot & sunny...and we're keeping a cautious eye on the weather. We had quite the big blow on Saturday that ended up being named Claudette once it hit the Gulf. The boat rocked a little & we got a deluge of rain, but for the most part, Claudette did her worst somewhere else. So now we're on the look-out for Ana which should be here sometime next week, but has already been downgraded to a depression and isn't supposed to bring us much of anything except more rain. Bill is supposedly headed to Bermuda and won't effect any of us.

So now meet Hurricane Maddie:
Maddie is my 1 year old niece who I recently had the pleasure of spending a chunk of time with. She's full of personality & funny faces, and quite the handful. She learned to walk while I was there, developed an affinity for silverware & feeding herself, and I was able to be a part of her first birthday celebration. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with family in North Carolina & I miss her dearly now that I am back in the Keys.

1 comment:

capndeb said...

Hey, am liking the slideshow! You'll have to let me know how you got it to work.