Thursday, October 29, 2009

Measuring

I think I have been perfectly clear in previous blogs that I don't measure...not well anyway. The cooking turns out just fine, baking not always so well, and I pretty much avoid sewing all together. But this evening, before settling down to watch the sunset with a cocktail and the Best of Bob Dylan [Thanks, Deb!] we had one more chore that needed to be accomplished & since Jeff was off at his guitar lesson - [YES, Jeff is taking guitar lessons! Very cool...a nice way to fine tune his playing and boost his confidence.] - so that left me to do the deed. What needed to be done was mixing the fuel for the dinghy. Since it's our only way to shore outside of swimming, it was important not to run dry. I packed up the jerry cans earlier and headed for the filling station. We have a 2-stroke motor which means oil has to be proportionately mixed into it before it goes into the tank...ah ha! Did you catch that word "proportionately"? That means I have to measure! But never fear. I did it perfect and exact and even discovered where my errant measuring cup has taken up residence. I even added just the right amount of stabilizer - very important in this salt air to keep the motor running& STARTING - and now I'll be headed back to that sunset...

No comments: