Friday, September 25, 2009

It Could Have Been Worse

It's not pretty. It's still brown. It's still gooey. The cake did not rise to an appropriate level, and the slices of kiwi are not where I left them.
I guess, it could have been worse. Some how. In some way.
I still have high hopes that'll it taste good...
I realize now that I may have left off out a crucial part of the recipe:

" *Put on your apron - mix yourself a drink. Maker's on the rocks is nice. "

I'm sure that integral step would have improved something, even if it was only my disposition. And I don't mean the apron...what kind of sissy actually wears an apron?

The good thing is I already had a fabulous dinner planned for us...to compensate for a sub-conscience premonition of imminent doom?Perhaps. Eh, who knows?!
Last night's dinner will be hard to top, but tonight's is definately at the very top of my favorites list: Perfectly marbled, ribeye steaks; baked potatoes w/ butter and sour cream; and a fresh green vegetable - which this evening will be locally grown, organic zuchini sliced in half, olive oiled, seasoned, & grilled. Mmmm. Accompanied by a nice red wine blend, the only thing that would make this meal any better [besides a dessert cooked the way it's supposed to be] would be a nice lobster tail and the only reason I didn't go procur a couple of those is that I thought it would be just too much food. Knowing I could have lobster makes me happy enough.
So, lessons learned?
~Live & learn.
~Play to your strengths, stick with what you're good at, & leave the baking to the apron-wearers of the world.
~Don't be too hard on yourself the first time you attempt something new.
~Just go ahead and ask Jeff's Momma for her recipe.
~And always bake with a little bourbon...maybe even add some to the cake!

2 comments:

timmybanse said...

Are you the lady who sells the Scuba Misty action figures?

Just Misty said...

I'm all out of action figures, but I'd be happy to hook you up with some pineapple upside-down pudding.