Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Will Work 4 Veggies

You're probably getting a little tired of hearing about vegetables, but it's my blog and you'll have to humor me.
It's not our week to get a share of produce from the buying club. We're on a by-weekly basis. But, I had stopped by the health food store, Food for Thought, to get a book [Anne Bishop's 2nd book of the Black Jewels Trilogy] & some Happy Hen eggs and I asked Ellin [owner/proprietor] if she was going to need any help the next day. She thought she had it covered. Later that evening, Jeff's phone rang and after answering it, he handed it to me. It was Ellin asking if I could lend a hand after all, but instead of just volunteering for free, I'd get 1/2 a share of veggies.
I arrived as the truck was just finishing unloading and got to work sorting, counting, and weighing. For about 2 hours of work...which I LIKE doing anyway...I brought home a bag of broccoli, kale, peaches, pluots, green beans, grapes, strawberries, purple onions, 3 bulbs of garlic, and 1 golden kiwi.
So, I work for veggies!

3 comments:

capndeb said...

Do you have to claim that as income?

Speaking of incoming, coming back home today...

All is well.

Momma said...

WAY TO GO GIRL!!

Anonymous said...

What time do we eat?

Lisa